Homeschooling Grants

Home Forums Community Homeschooling Grants

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Thom 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Thom
    Keymaster

Also, are there homeschooling grants to apply for in Utah? If so, how does that work?

Thom
    Keymaster

Alli Vasher Taggart:
    You can enroll in a charter school or use a third party business that puts your child in the Provo eschool. You have access to funds to purchase basically anything except religious materials. Our favorite is My Tech High, but there others including Harmony and Lumen. You can opt out of all testing. Every program has different “strings” tied to the funds. Some are worksheets you turn in, some are weekly logs where you report what you did. That’s the only way I know of to get money from the state for homeschool.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Thom.

Thom
    Keymaster

Kourtney Fitzgerald:
    Yup! Alli is right. Distance learning charters are the only way… you’ll technically be enrolled as a public school student, and in exchange, they give/reimburse you some of the money/supplies the state had allocated for public school students. Another one is Canyon Grove which does an at-school day on Monday and pays for materials of your choice to homeschool T-F.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Thom.

Thom
    Keymaster

Whitney Garner Teuscher:
    Charters are the best. We get IEP hell for my son and funding for curriculums and supplies

Thom
    Keymaster

Bryan N SaDee Vick:
    Ok. I have no idea how to go about doing that. But I will Google til I figure it out I guess?? My daughter is still in school right now but I want to be ready to switch after Christmas.

Thom
    Keymaster

Katie Mortensen:
    You could try The Good and the Beautiful curriculum if you’re not able to get into a charter school mid-year to help with funds…it’s all-inclusive Christian Curriculum that’s really easy to use a really affordable. jennyphillips.com

Thom
    Keymaster

Naomi Pedersen:
    I love Jenny Phillips!!1

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.